The tenth episode of the podcast "UTMB - 20 ans de Passion" is now available online
As the Principal Partner of the UTMB World Series alongside Hoka and a runner from the very beginning, Nicolas Mermoud is never short of words when it comes to talking about the UTMB legend.
He knows this race well, and not just as a passionate observer. In 2007, he clinched the 3rd place after a memorable solo breakaway... Some even called it "the Mermoud madness."
A few years later, he, along with others, contributed to the development of the UTMB's health policy.
In 2009, when he launched Hoka, his running shoe brand, alongside two partners, it was unsurprising that he presented the first prototypes in Chamonix.
Today, he reflects on two intense decades, two closely intertwined journeys, with one common factor: passion as the driving force.
A UTMB Group podcast
- Produced in partnership with Lines Agency and Trails Endurance Mag
- Interviews: Mathilde Laisney
- Texts : Mélanie Pouey
- Production: Mélanie Pouey and Mathilde Laisney
- Original music and mix : @homework_studio
- Photo credit: Brandon Joseph Baker