UTMB Mont-Blanc 2023 : key registration figures
Key registration figures
- The next edition of UTMB® Mont-Blanc is from 28 August to 3 September 2023, and will include the first UTMB World Series Finals - Three times more applications than places available for the UTMB World Series Finals - Registration is still open for the TDS and the ETC
The 20th edition of the UTMB® Mont-Blanc that takes place from 28 August to 3 September 2023, will once again be the backdrop for the world’s largest trail running summit. Trail Running is becoming increasingly popular, regularly attracting new runners in search of a challenge. There are eight events planned for the UTMB® Mont-Blanc week and numerous festivities to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the legendary race.
Key 2023 registration facts and figures
• 3 times more requests for registration than places available.
With the implementation of the new system, pre-registration for the OCC, CCC, and UTMB took place from June to December 2022 and required having at least one Running Stone and a valid UTMB Index to participate in one of the three UTMB World Series Finals.
• 107 nationalities in 2023, compared to 100 in 2022.
France, Spain, Italy, and the United Kingdom continue to be the top four nations in terms of runners, while the Americans show a growing interest in the event, occupying fifth place.
• Women runners make up 21.5% of the field in all eight events in 2023.
A percentage that is increasing year on year, which shows that the growing participation of women in these races is motivating more female runners to join the adventure.
• A balance of men and women among the elite runners in the three UTMB World Series Finals races.
Amongst the elite runners, the new system put in place in 2022 now allows as many men as women to qualify for each race of the circuit to participate in one of the three UTMB Mont-Blanc Finals. If all the elites confirm their qualification, the 2023 field will include an equal number of men and women.
Race fill rates and nationalities represented
Key figures race by race
• UTMB®: 6 578 requests for 2 300 bibs
• CCC®: 5249 requests for 1 900 bibs
• OCC: 5 171 requests for 1 200 bibs
• PTL®: 244 requests et 124 selected teams
• MCC: 100% full
• YCC: 100% full
• Bibs still available on the TDS and ETC
The 15 nations that you will most likely meet at the start line