Our missions for families
In the immediate aftermath of an accident, the Sébio association provides support and is present for the bereaved families and loved ones of Gendarmes who have died during rescue operations or training.
- Help with administrative formalities
- Logistical and financial assistance (preparing wakes, advancing funeral expenses, covering transport and accommodation costs for next of kin, etc.).
Support over time:
- A strong desire to maintain a link between families and the institution over time.
- Organisation of trips to the mountains for the families and orphans of our mountain comrades so that they can get together, talk, challenge themselves and rebuild their lives.
- Proposed trips for families, based on a visit to the accident site, which is sometimes essential to help them rebuild their lives.
Our missions for first-aiders affected by illness or accident
Assistance and support with administrative and medico-legal procedures, human resources management (retraining, reorientation, adaptation) and support for affected units.
So trail runners, you who run in our mountains, know that by taking a solidarity number in one of the UTMB® Mont-Blanc races, you are helping to support the families of the rescue workers who have been and will always be there for you.
Contact for solidarity race numbers: Philippe LACOLOMBE - firstname.lastname@example.org +33 (0)6 95 63 80 75 74400 CHAMONIX Mont-Blanc
Find out more about our association